skip_to_main_content

Skærlund Church

Skærlund Church was built in the year 1896 and is located in southern part of Brande parish. The church is like an oasis in the middle of the open heath landscape, as there is no city nearby. 

The church, with its cemetery, is located in an oasis in the open landscape. Skærlund church is made of red tiles. The spire arises from the middle og the church, where the transepts meet. 

In 1978 the artist Knud Lollesgaard made a build in pane of glass mosaic, which is beautiful and simple and symbolises Easter and Whitsun.