The Blicher Stone on Ørre Hede

The rallying ground on the border towards Simmelkjaer parish, was originally some houses, which were built by the municipality in 1815 and the following years for the poor, who were handed over smaller moor parts for cultivation. One of these houses was 'Axelhus', built for the tartar Johs. Axelsen. This is the place, where Blicher was present at the performance of the described scoundrel dance 'Scoundrel Life'.
The house was torn down in 1892 and on the 16th of August 1917 a monument was set up at the site.

Share this page

Last updated by

VisitHerning mail@visitherning.com
 

Contact

Address

Sammelstedbyvej
7400 Herning

Transport

Coordinates

Longitude : 8.8658219999
Latitude : 56.247529